2021 MAZDA CX-3 Key Fob Battery Replacement
One of the many benefits of new Mazda vehicles, including the Mazda CX-3, is their ability to provide advanced features. One of those high-level features is remote keyless entry. Fort Worth drivers love that they can seamlessly enter their 2021 Mazda CX-3, push the start button, and then go on with their adventures. While it’s likely you don’t need a Mazda CX-3 key fob battery replacement yet, you’re probably wondering how to open the Mazda CX-3 key fob so that you can be prepared in the future.
Additionally, if you need a Mazda3 key fob battery replacement, the process should be similar as long as it has the same key fob style as the Mazda CX-3. Today, the service experts at Hiley Mazda of Hurst will go over how to open the Mazda CX-3 key fob and how to change the battery in a Mazda key fob so that you’re ready for anything!
MAZDA CX-3 Key Fob Battery Replacement – Supplies Needed
Before we go over how to open the Mazda CX-3 key fob and how to change the battery in a Mazda key fob, we need to touch on what you’ll need. The battery replacement process is straightforward and you likely have many of the supplies already in your own Dallas garage. Here’s what you’ll need to begin the key fob battery replacement:
- Battery: You can use a CR2032 or equivalent battery for the 2021 Mazda CX-3 key fob. The Mazda3 key fob battery should be similar as well. But, make sure you reference your owner’s manual for specifics.
- Pry Tool: A plastic pry tool or a flat-head screwdriver wrapped in tape will also be needed. You want to use something that can carefully pry open your Mazda key fob.
How to Change the Battery in a MAZDA Key Fob
We suggest scheduling a service appointment at our service center to have your Mazda CX-3 key fob battery replaced. However, if you like to regularly tackle DIY auto projects, we’ve got you covered. As we mentioned, the steps to replace the battery in your Mazda CX-3 key fob will be similar to the Mazda3 key fob battery replacement process. Without further ado, let’s take a look at how to change the battery in your 2021 Mazda CX-3 key fob so that you can be back on Hurst roads in no time:
- Locate and press the little knob on your Mazda key fob to release the lower cover and reveal the metal key.
- Once the cover has been removed, there’s a tab you can press on to begin unlocking the upper cover.
- Take your pry tool and carefully insert it into the gap between the upper cover and body of your key fob.
- Now delicately slide the pry tool along the key fob body and lightly twist it to completely remove the upper cover.
- Using your pry tool, remove the battery cap, then the battery itself. While doing this, take note of which way the battery is facing.
- Insert the new battery and re-install the battery cap.
- Carefully install the upper cover and then the lower cover, the same way you removed it. Note that the lower cover has tabs that go into slots on the key fob body before you can snap it in place.
- Your Mazda key fob battery is now replaced!
Learn More Service Tips & Tricks Today at Hiley Mazda of Hurst!
Hiley Mazda of Hurst has all the service advice you need to ensure your ride runs smoothly on Hurst streets. We truly care about each and every one of our customers, even long after you’ve left our sales showroom. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us for assistance!
More from Hiley Mazda of Hurst
While the 2021 Mazda CX-9offers an impressive towing capacity and safety innovations, there’s more to rave about. Take a closer look at the new Mazda CX-9 interior to see just how this new model can enhance your daily Fort Worth commutes with us at Hiley Mazda of Hurst in Hurst. Learn MoreBrowse CX-9 InventoryContact Us MAZDA CX-9 Interior…
Hurst drivers love the new 2021 Mazda CX-5! With so many 2021 Mazda CX-5 trim levels to choose from, there’s something for everyone. Not sure which Mazda CX-5 trim level is best for you? Keep reading this guide from Hiley Mazda of Hurst to compare the CX-5 Mazda trims, and then visit us at Hiley Mazda of Hurst to find your…
How much is a Mazda CX-9? The 2021 Mazda CX-9 price starts at $34,160 MSRP* for the entry-level Sport trim. You’ll get an impressive array of standard features in this baseline model, but there are also four more trim levels to choose from. Hiley Mazda of Hurst has your complete guide to the 2021 Mazda CX-9 price…